A New World Confirmed  

Posted by Tony Guerrero


I did a recent blog post on how the recording industry has changed because of home studios and the internet. I have put that to the test.

I woke up yesterday with an idea and decided to look on iTunes for wedding music, just because I was curious as to how much was available on the biggest internet music provider. I figured there are probably thousands of brides who can't afford to hire musicians for their ceremony and look online for the appropriate music to play. Sure enough, searching for "wedding music" brought up a list of choices, but surprisingly less than I expected. And what I couldn't find (although I didn't look through all of them) was the traditional pipe organ/trumpet combination.

So, I spent the whole day recording 15 individual tracks of the most traditional wedding music with live trumpet and cathedral pipe organ, in different combinations and at different lengths (so brides could choose the length of a song based on how long they will be walking - nothing worse than a bride reaching the alter and standing there for two more minutes while the music finishes!).

I finished by the end of the day, created a simple CD cover (pictured), and then uploaded the whole project to a service that distributes CDs to all the major online retailers (iTunes, Napster, Amazon, emusic, Rhapsody, and more) as well as all the international services (Japan, Europe, Australia, Canada, South America, etc). In 6-8 weeks, these recordings will be available to any bride from anywhere in the world who searches online for 'wedding music'.

So, I took an entire CD project from 'idea', to the 'studio', and to the 'worldwide marketplace'...all in ONE DAY! Now, I won't win any Grammys for these recordings, but this kind of quick turnaround was unthinkable when I started recording albums.

Getting married soon? Have I got a product for you...!

This entry was posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 at Friday, September 12, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

...I'll letcha know!

9/13/2008 8:07 PM

Yeah...all you need is a great computer, recording software, some gear, and Tony Guerrero. I actually searched for some music on itunes a couple of months ago for a wedding and saw the lack. I was shocked. way to innovate.

9/17/2008 5:42 PM

What if you DID win a grammy for this? Would that be embarrassing or cool? I guess any grammy would be cool :)

9/17/2008 7:39 PM

Post a Comment