Dare me, will you?  

Posted by Tony Guerrero


A friend saw this picture and dared me to put it on the web.

So, here it is. (Click on it to see it full size)

Yep, its all there:
1. Awesome fro-mullet? Check.
2. Rad half-pant with matching coat? Check.
3. Big round 80's glasses? Check.
4. Dangly earing? Check.
5. Buckles on my boots? Check.
6. Cheezy mustache? Yep.
7. Vanilla Ice shoulder pads? Yesh.
8. Louis Armstrong tee-shirt? You betcha.

This was taken while on tour with my band somewhere in the midwest circa 1989-90 (18/19 years ago!!). The best thing about that suit is that somewhere I have a picture from a concert I played where, because of the dark lighting, it looks like I'm missing a leg. Neat.

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 4, 2008 at Sunday, May 04, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

Wow. Wow. Wow. With as cool as you are now, I am sure no one would believe that was you!
That is going to make the rounds on the internet for sure!
Incredible!
You now see why I am such a fan of growing older! We make such better clothing and hair decisions at this age.
Wow. Wow. Wow!!
Thank you SO much for sharing. Someday, your kids will be showing this picture to their friends.

5/04/2008 10:33 PM

I was inspired and dared to post a similar pic...not as nice as yours, tho;)

www.richkirkpatrick.com

5/05/2008 1:18 PM

i like julie's comment. especially the "with as cool as you are now" bit. that was a good time.

5/05/2008 5:57 PM

Tony, that picture is a thing of beauty!

5/05/2008 8:30 PM

Let's go over a vocabulary lesson: the "fro-mullet" should actually be called a "frullet", or in your case (being Guerrero) a "mullatino" :)
DUUUUDE!!!

5/06/2008 6:05 PM

Amazing.
Seriously.
So great.

5/06/2008 8:51 PM

Very nice. Kind of reminds me of a kid I went to school with you ended up in jail for killing someone

5/06/2008 9:49 PM

Seriously...YOU ARE BRAVE! This is cause for lots of taunting even this many years later! I will control my laughter when I look you in the face, though it will be tough! WOW!

5/06/2008 11:34 PM

Post a Comment