Our New Roommate  

Posted by Tony Guerrero


My wife and I spent the weekend getting the baby room ready for Nico (Nicolas Anthony Guerrero), who should be coming around April 15! Its so bizarre preparing for, not just a visitor, but someone who will actually be moving in - permanently!

The big question when you're expecting a baby is always "Do you know if its a boy or a girl?". I know everyone has their preferences, but for me, I can't imagine not knowing as soon as possible. People always argue that it ruins the surprise, but isn't the surprise the exact same thing - just earlier? I compare it to picking someone up at the airport. Isn't it more exciting picking someone up at the airport whom you already know than picking up a stranger? You wait expectantly, and you're so excited when you see their face because you already know them and love them - you know who you're expecting. Otherwise, you stand there with a name on a sign, scouring the crowd, wondering, "Is that him? No? Is that? Oh...how about..." I prefer knowing.

I feel like I know who's coming - its my son, Nico - and I can't wait to see him and show him to his room.
And then make him clean it.

This entry was posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 at Monday, February 25, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

it's because you're not a taxi driver. taxi drivers would always rather pick up a stranger than a friend.

2/26/2008 2:40 AM

Tony,

Welcome to the blogosphere. I have linked you.

Also, please do a post tomorrow about art and/or culture and link to my post tomorrow via my Watercooler Wednesday. I will have guidelines, just follow them.

Keep blogging! You are off to an awesome start.

Randy

2/26/2008 9:32 AM

Hooray for a baby boy! One of each...and the girl first (just as it should be!)

So fun!

3/19/2008 4:15 PM

Post a Comment