I plan on failing...  

Posted by Tony Guerrero


I know my limits. Try as I might to join the fray and start blogging, it will be nothing short of a miracle if I get past more than a couple weeks...but here begins my valiant effort. I think for my first entry, I will copy someone else's blog with a list I found interesting (these are my answers though!):

10 Things Most People Don't Know About Me:

1. I was arrested and thrown in jail once.
2. I lived for a year in a small mountain village in central Mexico.
3. I've had original cartoons published in magazines.
4. I don't remember who my first kiss was because it was in a 7th grade game of Spin The Bottle.
5. I wore a bathrobe to high school almost every day my junior year.
6. I was the soloist in my elementary school choir.
7. I was a Little League All-Star - twice.
8. My first actual stage performance ever was as a ventriloquist.
9. I have only been drunk once - when I was about 3 yrs old (long story, no arrests necessary).
10. I've been bucked from a wild bull.

Whew! I did it. My first blog. Now comes the embarassing part, where no one actually reads or comments.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at Tuesday, February 12, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

14 comments

show off. this actually looks fantastic. thanks for reminding me once again that you don't need me at all.

however, i'm feeling pretty good about the fact that i already knew half of these things. i would request that your next blog perhaps include details on 1 and 9.

oh, and by the way, stewie finally won me over for good. with a sesame street flashback.

2/13/2008 10:45 AM
Anonymous  

Neat!

2/13/2008 2:57 PM

I want to know more about you playing baseball. I don't peg you for the athletic type. However I am willing to be corrected. So far, I have the upper hand at darts. Rematch?

About the blog, if you send me a reminder when you post a new post, I will read it just so you aren't a total loser.

2/13/2008 3:00 PM
Anonymous  

jail - dang you actually have me beat on that one. i still have time though.

commenting so you feel like it matters. i am glad you posted you're own answers. a little more interesting that way.

greg vail
www.saxplayersblog.com

2/13/2008 3:13 PM

Great job Tony Lony! I really enjoyed this. Now as for #5 on your list....did you change bath robes everyday or was it the same one? And #9.....what a shame you peaked when you were 6!

Give me a review of the "Dean and Me" book....I am really interested in that!

2/13/2008 3:18 PM
Anonymous  

Tony is my hero and only text's me when he's board or visiting mutual friends in nashville.....dme

2/13/2008 3:27 PM

This is a nice attempt at getting with "it". Now, stay with "it"

2/13/2008 3:48 PM

From Wikipedia:
A blog (a portmanteau of web log) is a website where entries are commonly displayed in reverse chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

So look at you now! And I well remember you during a live radio concert from Ocean Ranch trying to direct people to your new website by giving out the address..." type h t t p then forward slash, forward slash, then dot, then w w w, then...." I think it took 27 minutes of valuable air-time and nobody knew what in the wide world of sports you were talking about!

So now that you've used all your best material...

2/13/2008 3:50 PM

I hope you last longer than I did... I think I still have a blog roaming somewhere out there in cyberspace but i can't figure out how to get back to it! So I understand your reluctance in blogland! But if you can do it, then maybe I'll give it a try again. So the pressure is on!

2/13/2008 4:24 PM

This blog makes me so happy in so many ways!

2/13/2008 10:05 PM

i'm tony guerrero. i whine a lot about being old and not cool. and then i get 10 comments on my FIRST DAY blogging. wah wah wah wah.

2/14/2008 12:31 AM

And you thought no one would comment. :o)

2/15/2008 10:40 PM

I'm SO dang excited I just found your blog! I can't wait for many many more!

2/20/2008 4:18 PM

I just found this and love it. I remember the KISS thing and the "Milk Club." The robes everyday our junior year with James too. It was a the year MASH went off wasn't it? Your family is beautiful and I feel so proud of all you have accomplished. Your mom looks great too !!!!

1/28/2009 10:03 PM

Post a Comment